*Although we are updating this page daily, resources are changing quickly. If possible, we encourage you to double check on the resource before heading over.
Available Services in San Francisco
PHC will be continuing our services, however we will be temporarily moving our services to Virtual Support until further notice. Our Service Coordinators are still available to support Participants remotely. Please call our Resource Line 1-855-588-7968 or e-mail EDC@projecthomelessconnect.org to connect with PHC, speak to a Service Coordinator, or make a plan for emergency services you may receive through PHC.
- Glide: Walk in Center will remain open in the lobby for essential services such as DMV voucher & hygiene kits. 330 Ellis St M-F
- Mission Neighborhood Resource Center: Drop in center remains open for first 10 individuals. Sign-ups begin at 7am Mon-Sat at 165 Capp St.
- Hospitality House: Case management, DMV Vouchers and hygiene kits. Limited to 25 individuals at one time. Limited phone use available. M-F (Hours vary by day) at 146 Leavenworth
- Employment Development Division: If you have experienced any of the following due to COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for benefits through EDD. You can file a claim or apply directly on their website if you think you may be eligible. (More program options through website) FAQ
- Unemployment Insurance: You have lost your job or had hours reduced due to COVID-19
- Paid Family Leave: You are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19
- Disability Insurance: You are unable to work due to medical quarantine or illness related to COVID-19 (certified by medical profession)
- Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA): Tax support. Call 415-282-3334 x143
- SF Human Services Agency: Available by phone 855-355-5757
- Compass Family Services: Diaper bank, toiletries, community referrals & triage to shelter services and problem solving resources at 37 Grove St. Tuesday 9am-12pm & Friday 1pm-4pm. Available by phone (415) 644-0504
- Glide: Glide-To-Go serving hot meals & bagged meals. Breakfast M-S (8am) & and dinner M-F (4pm) served daily in their parking lot. No intake required. On Sat & Sun you can take a to-go meal with you from breakfast since dinner is M-F.
- Mother Brown’s Kitchen: To Go meals. Breakfast (M-F 7:30am) and Dinner (4:30 pm) at 2111 Jennings Street.
- St. Anthony’s: Sack Lunches served daily (10-11:45am for seniors & families & 11:30am-1:30pm for all) at 45 Jones (& Golden Gate Ave.)
- San Francisco Unified School District: Meals for children 18 and younger. Monday & Wednesday (11am-2pm) Location Varies. No ID required and child no longer needs to be present.
- San Francisco Free Eats Chart: List of free meals through San Francisco. Last updated 3.20.2020
- SF Marin Food Bank Pop Up Pantries: The locations that say “Open” do not require any prior enrollment. First check which zip code the location is serving & bring an ID or proof of zip code.
- The Dope Project: Naloxone/Narcan & Harm Reduction Supply Schedule. Last updated 3/24/2020
Housing & Shelter Information
- Shelter Reservation Waitlist is on pause. You can still add your name to the list for a future date, however, the list is on pause until further notice.
- Episcopal Community Services + Navigation Shelters: Visit 123 10th St. M-F (various hours) or 2111 Jennings St.
M-F (9am-12pm) for information about supportive housing. Call 311 for information on Navigation Centers.
- Rent Board: Phone counseling will continue to be available at (415) 252-4631 during regular hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Bathroom Access & Hand washing Stations: 24/7 Bathroom available at Eddy & Jones. Additional bathrooms and hand washing locations available HERE
- Hospitality House: Hygiene kits at 146 Leavenworth Mon-Fri (Hours vary by day)
- Code Tenderloin: Providing health kits, warm clothing & more at the corner of Turk & Leavensworth M-F (1-3pm) Call their Code Care Resource Line for on-demand hygiene information. 415-787-3069.
- Homeless Advocacy Project: Virtual Services Only. Legal Services, Immigration, and SSI Advocacy. 415-575-3130
- Bay Area Legal Advice Line: Available by phone 800-551-5554
- Eviction Defense Collaborative: Open to individuals who have received a Summons & Complaint or Sherrif’s Notice to Vacate. 1338 Mission Street, 4th Call 415-947-0797 or email EDCRADCo@evictiondefense.org
- Project Legal Link: Use their “Referral Search” to find legal help in your area.
Medical & Urgent Dental (General)
- HealthRight360: Drop-in location at 1563 Mission, M-F arrive by 8:45am.
- San Francisco Health Network (SFDPH Clinics): Various days and locations. Visit online to learn about the location closest to you. https://www.sfhealthnetwork.org/
Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Association of SF: Visit online at mentalhealthsf.org or call 415-421-2926 for more information. Virtual and phone services only, now through April 7.
- Peer-Run Warm Line: 1-855-845-7415 open 24/7 and through online chat
- Harm Reduction Mobile Therapy: Food, hygiene kits, and therapy, if requested.
- Monday 11am-1:30pm at Buena Vista Park (Haight)
- Wednesday 11am-2pm at Victoria Manola Draves Park (SOMA) & 2:30-7pm at 15th and Julian (Mission)
- Thurs 1pm-4:30pm at Eddy St (btwn Larkin & Hyde – Tenderloin)
- Friday 11am-1pm at Armstrong & 3rd St (Bayview)
- Dignity on Wheels: Mobile showers around Bay Area. Location and hours vary upon their online schedule.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday (7pm) at Vehicle Triage Center, 500 Geneva Avenue
- See schedule for Oakland, San Jose, Redwood City and more.
- YWAM: Showers at 357 Ellis St. Mon, Wed, Fri (9am-12pm)
- Mission Neighborhood Resource Center: Showers at 165 Capp St. Mon- Fri (7am-7pm), Sat (7-12pm)
- MSC-South: Showers & laundry. Accepting 10 different individuals each hour at 525 5th St
- VetSOS: May 12th at SFSPCA (24 Florida St). Arrive by 9:30am.
- Swords to Plowshares: Service Center providing limited services at 1060 Howard Street. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (1:00pm-4:30pm)
- VA Drop-in Health Clinic: Available by video or phone conference. 415-281-5100
Women Services, Domestic Abuse Support
- Casa de Las Madres: 24/7 hotline available 1-877-503-1850
- Larkin Street Youth: Meals & hygiene kits issued “To-Go” at 134 Golden Gate Ave & Haight Street Referral Center 1317 Haight St.
Please visit LinkSF for more information regarding service availability.
COVID-19 Health Updates
- COVID-19 Guidance Sheet for individuals experiencing homelessness
- What does “Shelter In Place” mean?
Call 911 if you or a friend is having an emergency like chest pain, gasping for breath, unconscious, or cannot get up.
For symptom testing, contact your regular doctor if you have one. If you don’t have a doctor call 415-713-1963 or go to Tom Waddell Urgent Care. 50 Ivy Street Monday-Thursday (8am-6:30pm) Friday (8am-5pm) Saturday (9am-5pm) or ZSFG Adult Urgent Care Center 1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 5, 1st floor 1E Monday-Friday (8am-8pm) Sat-Sun 8am-4pm
City Department & Misc. Updates
- Legal Aid at Work: COVID-19 FAQ relating to work & disability.
- Real ID deadline extended to October 2021
- Tax Deadline is extended to July 15th, 2020
- AT&T to Not Terminate Service during this time & offers new Lost Cost Phone Plan
- SFMTA updates; All Metro MUNI stations will be closed & replaced by bus.
- SFMTA updates regarding towing/ticketing
- Moratorium on Evictions Related to COVID-19 announcement
- PG&E Moratorium on not disconnecting service during this time
- Updates on Paid Sick Leave for employees
We will continue to update the list of available services. Please continue to visit this page for updates. Please visit website to see updates and additions over the next few days.