Job Title: Service Coordinator: Drop In Lead
Reports To: Director of Services
Employment Status: Full Time/Hourly (not exempt)
The mission of Project Homeless Connect (PHC) is to connect San Franciscans experiencing homelessness with the care they need to move forward. PHC uses a unique approach to service delivery to meet the needs of homeless San Franciscans.
PHC is an independent nonprofit organization, serving more than 8,000 people every year through Community Day of Service events and weekly services, in house and off-site in San Francisco.
The Service Coordinator: Drop In Lead is part of our Services Team. The Drop-In Lead is responsible for coordinating our Drop-In Program (on and off site) including managing relationships with community partners, coordinating logistics for daily services and weekly appointments, and evaluating the program for impact. The Drop-In Lead also works as a general Service Coordinator with participants directly to link them to our other in house programs as well as resources in the community through our Drop-In Services. This position directly reports and works cohesively with the Director of Services to ensure that our Drop-In program provides high quality services.
Drop-In Program Coordination (On and Off Site)
- Maintain positive relationships with existing partners by ensuring timely coordination and regular check-ins and develop new community partnerships as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for weekly on-site and off-site drop-in services
- Participate in development team meetings for planning and executing of fundraising initiatives for the drop-in program.
- Assess staffing needs and participant needs during services to ensuring that safety is prioritized and intervening when necessary to ensure that services run smoothly.
- Proactively identify program improvements to increase our ability to meet our impact goal, improve the participant experience or better engage our community partners.
- Ensure adherence and develop new policies and procedures to ensure participant and staff safety as well as quality service delivery.
- Coordinate hospitality volunteer program with the support of the Volunteer Coordinator
- Develop and implement a program evaluation plan including evaluating for impact and end of year reporting.
- Manage and monitor budget with the support of the Director of Services
- Manage the Hand Up program, ensuring that all financial transactions and documentation are in place. Ensure communication with the Office Administrator to order gift cards when needed; with HandUp team to clarify transaction cancellations and issues with the platform; and with the SFPHF to clarify transactions questions they may have.
- Represent the Drop-In program in the community
- Have deep understanding of strengths, needs and challenges for those experiencing homelessness and support Services team in developing their understanding.
- Provide welcoming and dignified services to participants accessing our on-site and off-site programing.
- Quickly assess, problem solve and connect participants to needed services in the community and through PHC programming.
- Document participant intake, case notes and other services in agency database within 24 hours of completing service.
- Engage with participants with a trauma informed approach, minimizing triggers when possible.
- Actively support participants with escalating behavior in a way that is compassionate and firm ensuring that safety and community agreements are upheld.
- Collaborate with team members and Director of Services to develop behavior plans and other strategies to support participants in accessing services in a safe way.
- Coordinating emergency support when necessary
- Facilitate workshops that introduce participants or community members to PHC programs and community resources
- Assist participants in accessing emergency funds through online fundraising or other developing online fundraising pages through the HandUp program, help them redeem points and update their profiles.
Agency Wide Support and Engagement
- Participate in PHC staff meetings, trainings, retreats and agency planning.
- Support events team with outreach, set up, and day of support for our quarterly Day of Service Events and other special events
- Positively represents PHC with various stakeholders including volunteers, donors, and other community representatives.
- Occasional weekend/evening hours to support programs
- Contribute to a safe, positive and collaborative work culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with diverse individuals and groups.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving, time sensitive work environment
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness, crisis, or direct experience working with another marginalized population.
- Ability to respond quickly and use good judgment in challenging, unusual or emergency situations
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, culturally, socially and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies, staff and organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Google Docs
- Bilingual in English and (Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin) strongly preferred
- Team player and willing and able to help where needed
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift and reach for objects and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to walk upstairs, sit and stand
- Must have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures
- Ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Carla.Praglin@sfdph.org by November 9th.