JOB TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: 1031 Franklin St, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94109
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time, exempt
SALARY: $58,000 – $60,000
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) strengthens and utilizes collaborations with city agencies, businesses, and organizations to provide comprehensive, holistic services, at service events and through continued care, for those who are at risk of becoming homeless, currently homeless or transitioning from shelter to permanent housing.
The Logistics Coordinator works in collaboration with the Executive Director, Everyday Connect Manager (EDC) & Volunteer Coordinator, and other staff to create, implement, and execute service operations and special events including but not limited to the CDoS events. The Logistics Coordinator also supports the logistics needs of Everyday Connect Program routinely. The goal of this position is to create and implement systems and processes for Project Homeless Connect including onsite service providers and CDoS events (and for the agency as a whole) that will help PHC reach our Impact Goals of connecting people experiencing homelessness with hard-to-access services and creating a more compassionate community.
- Responsible for scheduling service providers for agency, excluding Core Senses partners
- Work with Service Coordinators to ensure logistics-related communication to Core Senses points of contact (Vision, Dental, Hearing)
- Create & maintain VolunteerHub landing pages, recurrence master event templates, and posted events for PHC service providers (including Core Senses partners)
- Design event layout, design maps & print collateral for all events, manage print deliverable timeline to ensure timely delivery
- Create schedules & timelines for week of event timeline and day of event timeline
- Obtain necessary permits, post and ensure timely removal per event as needed
- Attend yearly permit recertification training at SFMTA Temporary Signs
- Manage transportation logistics for Agency services and events as needed including but not limited to CDoS: vans (dental), bus from Bayview, trucks as needed
- Vendor relations for the agency routine and large-scale events while: coordinating with paid vendors & in-kind donor vendors to secure participant meals, coffee, water, and on-site restroom trailer
- Responsible for set up & support for IT infrastructure (DPH and HSH related) in coordination with HSH IT at Large Scale CDoS events. Coordinate with APE IT (Bill Graham) personnel to ensure venue IT support
- Responsible for day of event set up & breakdown, including training to staff & volunteers and maintaining proper check lists for both large and small events
- Ensure all supplies and event materials are returned to proper places and secured to prevent loss
- Manage inventory of and purchase requests for needed items for all events including but not limited to CDoS. Keep event storage areas tidy, organized, and appropriately stocked. Supervise pre-event preparation of supplies in storage (excluding Core Senses & Volunteer supplies)
- Oversight of data management for events including but not limited to CDoS participant & service provider data.
- Event Reporting: Program Reporting for all events including but not limited to CDoS Create/Amend template for mid-year and end-of-year reports and make recommendations for Directors for modifications and improvements.
- Implement evaluation process, including debriefs with staff.
- Salesforce build & maintenance: Build & modify custom objects to be used for agency-wide tracking of interagency service provider communication. Update service provider Salesforce database as needed, in partnership with Services team.
- Request No Parking for Studio Dental and EDC offsite events (e.g. Richmond), make signs
- Responsible for creating/updating the Events manual where relevant & appropriate including but not limited to CDoS event manual
- Lead in-office admin volunteers: delegate tasks and ensure quality of execution
- Serve as main point of contact to service providers & staff during events including but not limited to CDoS events
- Supporting logistics of in-house operations
- Serve on internal workgroups as requested
- Assist with Volunteer Outreach Walks
- Be available to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
COMPETENCIES: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Communication: Delivers written communications that have clarity and impact including emails.
- Communication, Verbal: Effective listener; clearly and thoughtfully communicates with others in person and on the phone.
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines.
- Time Management: Organizes and establishes priorities; gets the job done in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Persists in efforts to solve issues even when faced with internal barriers; takes personal responsibility for customer service outcomes; responds quickly and effectively to requests for assistance and support, whether internal or external.
- Computer Proficiency: Skilled computer-based work tasks; uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team; participates effectively in group- and teamwork; collaborates positively with other team members; giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change: Maintains composure even while under great pressure; handles complex problems and change with minimal supervision; demonstrates flexibility and versatility in achieving key goals and priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Strives to eliminate errors; makes accurate work a priority; seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Decision Making: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information before making decisions. Takes a thoughtful approach when considering options; may seek supervision and/or input from others.
- Integrity and Ethics: Actively models the highest ethical standards; is honest and accountable; maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times; handles sensitive information and issues with discretion and tact.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years in logistics required preferably in a not for profit arena. At least one 1 managing large scale events highly desirable
- Tech savvy
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience with or desire to learn Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Enjoy collaborative work and operate effectively and positively in a team setting
- Ability to respond quickly and use good judgment in unusual and emergency situations
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Ability to converse with diverse populations and socio-economic classes
- Ability to lift and reach for objects and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to walk up stairs, sit and stand
- Must have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures
- Ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time