PHC Services Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Services Manager
LOCATION: 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 340, San Francisco, CA 94102
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) strengthens and utilizes collaborations with city agencies, businesses and organizations to provide comprehensive holistic services, at special events and through continued care, for those who are at risk of becoming homeless, currently homeless or transitioning from shelter to permanent housing. Our program model includes events, co-location partner service opportunities, drop-in care, office appointments, and mobile services.
Our Services team is responsible for responding to immediate needs of San Franciscans who are at risk of becoming homeless, currently homeless or transitioning into housing. Resource Specialists are responsible for interviewing participants and working in collaboration with them to develop personalized plans; providing linkage to the appropriate resources; and following up to ensure that services have been received.
We connect our participants to comprehensive social & medical services & other supportive services. These services include: vision, hearing, dental, general medical, mental health, addiction treatment & recovery services, harm reduction programs, self-help programs, food, clothing, computer access & classes, transportation, employment services, Medi-Cal, SSI, SSDI, income assistance & other financial services.
The PHC Services Volunteer will play a vital role in the Services team by managing the Resource Line and the web inquiries.
- In coordination with the team, return all calls from participants, service providers and volunteers in a timely manner using independent judgment to address their issues
- Connect individuals with community resources and services
- Make appointments for participants via salesforce data system
Web Inquiries and Emails
- Respond to web inquiries and emails with information about requested service
- Attend and participate in volunteer meetings and required trainings
- Perform other related duties as assigned: mail processing and sorting; storage organization, in-kind resources inventory, etc.
- Commitment of at least 6 months.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Respect confidentiality at all times
- Previous experience working with homeless or other high-risk populations
- Professional and respectful demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly and use good judgment in unusual and emergency situations
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, culturally, socially and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies and organizations
- Strong customer service skills
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with basic office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to lift and reach for objects and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to walk up stairs, sit and stand
- ·Ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function
Please fill out the volunteer application: https://goo.gl/forms/Z57keTpPNuZ2nnDz2
Project Homeless Connect is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.