REPORTS TO: Development Manager
COMMITMENT: 3-5 Hours weekly
- Assist the Development Manager with cataloguing and organizing PHC’s in kind inventory.
- Process incoming in kind donations and make sure they are properly stored in PHC’s inventory.
- Work to ensure there is clear communication between the Development and Services teams regarding in kind demands and supplies.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Respect confidentiality at all times
- Professional and respectful demeanor
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, culturally, socially and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies and organizations
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Organized, detail-oriented, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- This volunteer role requires the ability to lift approximately 45 pounds and requires traveling to Project Homeless Connect event sites.
- Ability to walk up stairs, sit and stand
- ·Ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter stating your availability.
We are looking to hire a Community Day of Service Intern! This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is passionate about our Mission, interested in learning more about working in nonprofits, and wants to be a part of the goal to end homelessness!
The Community Day of Service is an impactful “one stop shop” style event that provides care for more than 1,500 people in a single day. A survey from our recent event showed that more than 92% of Participants “received a service they could not have otherwise easily received”. You can help make this day possible!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Assisting with administrative tasks related to “one stop shop” service events
- Help maintain organizational systems in PHC’s office
- Support on outreach to external stakeholders
- Entering event data into database (Salesforce experience preferred)
- …and more items as needed!
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs and stand for periods of time.
- Must be available for a full day on Day of Service events.
Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated. It’s very important that you have compassion for people experiencing homelessness and motivation to support a great nonprofit!
This is an unpaid Internship. References and recommendations given upon completion of the 6-8 week minimum involvement. The ideal candidate will be available 4-6 hours a week with the most help needed during business hours (weekdays).
Please send an updated Resume and Cover Letter that includes your preferred availability to Emily.Brunts@sfdph.org.
Project Homeless Connect is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.