REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: 1031 Franklin St, San Francisco, CA 94109
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time Exempt (remote work available)
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) strengthens and utilizes collaborations with city agencies, businesses and organizations to provide comprehensive holistic services, at special events and through continued care, for those who are at risk of becoming homeless, currently homeless or transitioning from shelter to permanent housing.
The Director of Operations is part of the Senior Management Team and responsible for overseeing the operations and administration of PHC. The Director of Operations is responsible for developing and managing IT policies and procedures, provider relationships, office policies, operational manuals for the agency, and drop-in programs. The Director of Operations collaborates with the Senior Management Team in implementing organization wide goals, procedures, and initiatives.
Operational and Administrative Management
- Work with the CEO and the Senior Management Team to develop organizational and administrative goals, in accordance with organization-wide goals.
- Coordinate regular review of PHC’s day-to-day internal operations protocols, ensuring agency operations and administrative policies, standards, and manual.
- Ensure PHC complies with OHSA, City of San Francisco, County, and HSH regulations.
- Supervise, manage, and oversee the Operational Team, achieving performance goals and supporting staff development.
- Provide weekly Operational team supervision, review monthly team reports, conduct quarterly evaluations for all direct reports.
- Provide supervision and set priorities for the Operational Team tasks and goals.
Data and IT Management
- Oversee all needs and maintenance of Data and IT infrastructure.
- Work with the CEO to generate annual impact data including conception, implementation, and management of data collection, analysis, and reporting for the agency.
- Supervise the management and upkeep of Salesforce database.
Community Relations, Outreach and Events
- Support large-scale PHC events and conduct functions as assigned.
- Support the execution of projects assigned to operational team members.
- Help to implement positive relationships among community partners, volunteers, and community providers.
- Work with CEO and the Senior Management Team to implement organizational strategic goals, action plans, and methods of evaluation.
- Contribute to PHC goal-setting, Vision, and Values through program support.
- In all key decisions and priorities, ensure alignment with CEO and Senior Management Team.
- Represent PHC in positive manner.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, maintaining the vision and standards of PHC.
- Be available to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Communication, Written: Delivers written communications that have clarity and impact.
- Communication, Verbal: Effective listener; clearly and thoughtfully communicates with others.
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines.
- Customer Service: Persists in efforts to solve issues; takes personal responsibility for customer service outcomes; responds quickly and effectively to requests.
- Computer Proficiency: Computer-based skills; uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team; participates effectively in group- and team-work.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change: Maintains composure; handles complex problems and change with minimal supervision; demonstrates flexibility and versatility.
- Attention to Detail: Strives to eliminate errors; seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Decision Making: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information before making decisions.
- Integrity and Ethics: Actively models the highest ethical standards; is honest and accountable; maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times.
- Accountability: Makes and meets commitments; accepts responsibility.
- Follow Through: Monitors and thoroughly addresses projects and tasks.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ability to work with a diverse population; open to different perspectives.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in social services (homeless services preferred)
- 3+ years staff management experience
- 2+ years managing a budget
- Strong proficiency with common office software and internet applications, especially Microsoft Office products and Salesforce.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers.
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401k and 3% employer match
- Fully paid basic life insurance, LTD, STD coverage
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.